Monday, November 29, 2010

Invasion Of The Boysnatchers

November 29, 2010
Mrs. Dubnik, 7:24 p.m.
I'm in the middle of reading of another Clique book (#4). It is the Invasion of the Boysnatchers and it is written by Lisi Harrison, an author and a TV director. It is about Massie, Claire, and Alicia getting jealous of Alicia's cousin, Nina, who has come from Spain to spend 2nd semester at OCD (Octavian Country Day school). However, Nina has gotten all of the Briarwood boys starring blankly at her (even Cam and Derrington). Will Massie and her friends find a date to the Love Struck Valentines Day dance or will they dance on their own?

I have many questions about Invasion of the Boysnathcers. One question I have is, "Are Massie, Claire, Alicia, Kristen, and Dylan going to find a date even though it's too late?".Another question is " Why did Cam and Derrington run from Massie and Claire. I wonder if Kristen will grow her hair back out after the tragic hair cut her mom forced her into. Will Alicia choose her cousin Nina over her friends? Will Claire get her first kiss from Cam? Will Dylan loose weight and get rid of her nasty cold or will it keep getting worse? If Nina moves back to Spain, I wonder if it's because of Massie or someone else in the Clique.

Some connections I have are when Claire fusses because Massie took too long in the shower, it reminds me of when my sister fusses when I spend too long in the shower. Another connection is When Massie and Claire got mad at Todd when he played his annoying tuba in the car. My sister got mad when I used to play my old violin in the car. Also Massie saw Kristen sitting down at the soccer game. She was sitting in front of a redneck who was drinking beer and screaming. It jogs my memories to when I was at a Clemson game and there were 4 rednecks behind me drinking and screaming.

This has been an enjoyable book. My favorite part was when Claire found out she was moving to Chicago but then found out she was still going to live at Massie's house. This book is filled with all different kinds of drama. I recommend this book to anyone who likes girl drama.

Sincerely,

Emily Biggers

No comments:

Post a Comment