Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Wrinkle In Time

November 16, 2010
Dear Mrs.Dubnik,
I have just finished reading A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle. It is a book about a family that has had a missing father for quite a while. They finally find out that they have new neighbor. Then the story goes on from there for the kids to find out what has happened to their father. The neighbors are known as, for short the Mrs.W's. The kids "tesser" with the Mrs.W's and go to many places outside their galaxy and finally land on a "dark planet" called Camazotz. For them to soon find out that al of the people their are under one mind, the mind of this so called IT. Everyone there says it as if IT is so very bad. Soon the youngest, Charles Wallace, is put under the mind of it too. Only soon after do they rescue their father and land a new unusual planet without Charles Wallace. The sister, Meg, is almost paralyzed by the black thing that is shadowing over different galaxies and planets when they meet Aunt Beast on the new planet of Ixchel. Soon after Father, Meg, and Calvin (a neighbor from Earth as well) are fed and Meg recovers Meg goes back to Camazotz not only to find out what she ahs that IT doesn't but to save her beloved little brother Charle Wallace. She travels with 1 of the Mrs.W's and soon finds that she has love and it doesn't and soo she rescues Charles Wallace and they return to Earth.Then her father and mother reunite and the whole family is happy to have Father back.
In this book there was a plenty of vocabulary.There were even some words that troubled me a little. I sounded them outand said whatever I could think it would be pronounced. the author's choice of words enhanced the story greatly to me because it gave the book more life and a more real feeling. Some of the words I was troubled with were Ixchel, Camazotz, at first tesseract.
There was a great amount of imagery in this book. I could almost see the whole book being played out like a movie in my head as I read it. there were even places in the book where i could see it, hear it, feel it, taste it, and smell it. I could see everything in the book from them just meeting the Mrs.W's to in the end feeling like they have known them forever.I could hear and feel the pounding of IT in Meg, Father, Calvin, and Charles Wallace. I could taste it when Charles Wallace was eating after he had been hypnotized and it tasted like sand. Also I could smell it when they werewatchingthe balckthing high in the air and you hadto smell these flowers to breathe.
So by the end of this book I felt so awesome and I loved this book it wasthe best book ever.The way the authorworded it the way she did everything just tied in and made it a very good book. Also this book has a John Newberry medal! Like I said before and I suggest this very strongly to evryone so don,t forget that it is called A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. This book truly deserves its medal and I very much agree as to why it got it.
Love,
Haley

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the signature and date are in the wrng spot it does that whenever i publish it it does that.

    ReplyDelete